Associate Editors are required to write a piece of legal scholarship of publishable quality. This is a unique opportunity to explore an interesting legal controversy and propose a creative solution to the problem. Authoring and publishing a dynamic, well-reasoned piece of scholarship can be personally fulfilling and professionally rewarding.
The MLR Notes Office publishes Notes and Comments from the following categories of student authors:
- Current MLR members may submit Notes and Comments.
- MLR alumni may submit Notes and Comments up to a year after graduation. After that year, alumni may no longer submit Notes or Comments (but may submit to the Articles Office).
- Non-MLR 2Ls and 3Ls may also submit Notes and Comments to the Notes Office during their time at Michigan.
- Beginning in Volume 119, current Notes Editors may not submit Notes for publication. However, they may submit to Calls before and/or after their tenure.
- Authors that have previously published a Note or Comment are eligible to be published a second time, but the Selection Committee will prioritize pieces by authors that have not previously had the opportunity to publish.
Call Deadlines for Volume 121
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Friday, April 1, 2022
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Saturday, October 1, 2022
Tuesday, December 1, 2022
Friday, January 6, 2023
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
If you have any questions about Notes, please contact the Executive Notes Editor.